MEMBERS’ CODE OF CONDUCT
All members of the Association shall be bound by this Code of Conduct.
Members have the right to:
- Be treated equally, fairly and respectfully by the Association at all times.
- Be in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination.
- Be given privacy and confidentiality of records and documents containing a member’s personal information; unless consent is otherwise provided.
- Be updated and actively involved in all events and offerings of the association.
- Be open for communication to voice out their opinions, requirements, and suggestions to the Board and Officers of the Association.
- Treat all other members equally with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Ensure propriety of actions and decisions in which they conduct themselves in a manner which will not injure the reputation of the Association, its events, speakers, participants and/or sponsors.
- Promote a culture of sisterhood and refrain from physically and/or verbally harassing others.
- Report any inappropriate behaviour and misconduct of a member to the Board and Officers of the Association for proper action and follow up.
- Abide and uphold the Association’s Code of Conduct.
- Pay any fees in relation to an event, or offering (e.g. tickets or memberships) in which the member has committed to, regardless of the member’s presence or absence on the event. Also, a fine for tardiness and refusing to wear the Association’s uniform during activities must be applied and paid.
- Notify the Association’s Membership Committee of any changes to your business details.
- Members can only sell and promote their own products and services. Selling or promoting products and services which you do not own such as insurance, mutual funds, real estates, multi-level marketing products and the like, are not allowed.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct:
- If a member does not behave in accordance with the terms of the Code of Conduct at an event of the Association, she will be asked to leave the function and will not be entitled to a refund of monies paid.
- Inappropriate behavior of any members will be discussed and investigated thoroughly. A Proper course of action will be taken by the Board and Officers of the Association: reprimand, suspension or revocation of membership will be implemented when needed.
- In certain circumstances, the member may refer a breach of Code of Conduct to the Board and Officers of the Association for suitable handling, in accordance with the grievances and disciplinary procedures.