WHO CAN BE A N.E.W. MEMBER?
Women of all ages and background either existing or aspiring entrepreneurs can be a member of the Network for Enterprising Women (N.E.W.). As long as you have a dream to have a business of your own, and a contributing member of the society with a heart to help fulfill another one’s dream, then you are more than welcome to join N.E.W!
WHY DO I WANT TO BE A N.E.W. MEMBER?
N.E.W. members provide a sense of fulfillment as each one becomes a part of someone else’s dream while pursuing one’s own. Such power doesn’t only create a better version of one’s self; it also gives a sense of empowerment and purpose for everyone.
WHAT KIND OF PERKS AND PRIVILEGES AWAIT N.E.W. MEMBERS?
- Business promotion and advertisement opportunity via N.E.W. Official Website, N.E.W. Facebook Page and other N.E.W. Social Media Portals
- Media connections and referrals
- Privilege to use ProAccess Meeting Rooms (Subject to availability)
- Participation to all N.E.W. events and activities such as:
N.E.W. Biz Forums
N.E.W. Elevator Pitch
Bazaar and other Activities
Socials and Team Building
- Access to other women organizations via the Philippine Women’s Economic Network (i.e. Women’s Business Council Phils., Filipina CEO Circle, SPARK! Philippines, Business Professional Women Makati and Women Corporate Directors).
HOW CAN I QUALIFY TO BE A N.E.W MEMBER?
- Individual must be a legit entrepreneur with complete registration with both local and national government agencies. (Registered with DTI/SEC, Updated Business Permits and Licenses, Registered with BIR)
- Aspiring entrepreneurs can also join N.E.W. as a probationary member. During the probationary period for one (1) year, aspiring entrepreneur must secure her business registrations, licenses and permits to be eligible for renewal.
HOW TO BE A N.E.W MEMBER?
Interested individuals must follow the following steps:
- Fill up the N.E.W. Membership Form
- Wait for a representative from the Membership Committee to send you an update on the status of your application.
- Pay the annual membership fee amounting to PHP 6,000.00. The corresponding fee is payable up to 15 days once your application is approved. Failure to pay after 15 days will forfeit the existing application. Registrants who wish to reapply need to undergo the process again.
Payments can be made either through PayPal or through Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) using the following details:
Account Name: Network for Enterprising Women, Manila Assn, Inc.
Checking Account Number: 4481-0051-46
- Submit the filled up form online and email email@example.com the bank transaction slip as proof of payment.
- Instalment Plan: Membership fee payable in three (3) consecutive months plus Php 500. Monthly instalment would be Php 2500 for three (3) consecutive months.
There are two Levels of N.E.W. membership – Regular and Board Members
REGULAR N.E.W. MEMBER
Members who successfully filled up a N.E.W. membership form and paid the membership fee are automatically recognized as a Regular N.E.W. member. Regular N.E.W. members can enjoy all the basic perks and privileges offered to all associates.
REGULAR N.E.W. MEMBERS ENJOY THE FOLLOWING PERKS AND PRIVILEGES:
- Basic perks and privileges of all N.E.W. members
- Free Website Advertisement
- One (1) blog post per year
- Free N.E.W. Facebook Page Advertisement
- Two (2) posts per year on Main Timeline
- Instagram and Twitter Advertisement
- Two (2) posts per year per social media portals
CRITERIA FOR RENEWAL OF MEMBERSHIP:
- The member should receive an endorsement for renewal of membership from the Board of Directors and Officers.
- The member should have actively participated and contributed to any activities of N.E.W. She should have at least attended six (6) activities organized by the organization. Member will be evaluated according to her contribution to N.E.W. She will also be assessed if she has more than six (6) absences.
- The member should be able to recruit at least one (1) N.E.W. member in a year.
- Aspiring entrepreneurs will be placed on probation for one year and will only be renewed once she has registered her business already.
N.E.W. Board Member Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a committee head (Responsibility varies on the assigned committee)
- Must be present and involved in all N.E.W. events/activities (unless with prior notice)
- Must attend N.E.W. Board Member meeting once a month (unless with prior notice)
- Must actively participate in online conversations (via N.E.W. Board Member FB Group)
- Must be able to submit committee reports based on assigned deadlines
- Must not exceed four(4) absences from N.E.W. Board Member meetings
TO BE A N.E.W. BOARD MEMBER, THE MEMBER MUST COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a member for at least two (2) years
- Must be below 46 years old
- Must attend at least eight (8) N.E.W. Biz Forums within a year (from previous year)
- Must be part of the event committee for at least three (3) events (from previous year)
- Must be a current business owner
- Must be able to recruit two (2) N.E.W. members from previous or current year
N.E.W. BOARD MEMBERS ENJOY THE FOLLOWING PERKS AND PRIVILEGES:
- Basic perks and privileges of all N.E.W. members
- Waived participation fee to all N.E.W. events and activities
- Recognition as N.E.W. Board Member with ID and Calling Card
HOW TO APPLY AS A N.E.W. BOARD MEMBER?
- Submit a Letter of Intent to be a N.E.W. Board Member addressed to Founding President Myren Garcia signed and supported by two (2) other Members
- The application process includes a review of the member’s activities and subject to the current N.E.W. Board Members’ approval
- Approved N.E.W. Board Members shall be recognized and announced during on one of N.E.W. activities or events
- Failure to actively perform N.E.W. Board Member duties shall be grounds for termination.
- Terminated N.E.W. Board Member is not eligible to re-apply for two (2) years from the date of termination.